Monday, February 20, 2012

Yesteryear Village - Part 2

We really enjoyed visiting Yesteryear Village at the South Florida Fairgrounds.  They had several houses in the village that illustrated how people from all walks of life lived in Florida 100 years ago.

I particularly enjoyed seeing this beautiful house.

It's always nice to have a little background information.

I wouldn't mind having that couch in my Arizona living room!

Upstairs were three bedrooms, including this child's room.

My grandsons would enjoy playing with these toys!

I guess this would be considered the master bedroom.

The lady of the house would get dressed here.

She was very fashionable.

I really enjoyed the small display of dresses.

I'd wear this today!

Pretty, but functional, too.

Here's the third bedroom.  I actually got rid of a bowl and pitcher stand like the one in the corner because I had no where to put it.

Back downstairs, those aprons were used in the kitchen.

A woman's work is never done.

Those aprons would have to be ironed too!

The dining room finished up our tour of the Riddle House.  I have my grandmother's sideboard in my dining room in Arizona.  It looks very much like the one in this dining room.

Next time I'll show how people lived that weren't so well off!




3 comments:

  1. So ♥ the bed & vanity in the master! (& that long white buttoned dress...) What a marvelous home! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tour! I loved the dress - wedding dress I assume - truly exquisite. How fun to show the aprons too. My parents had a buffet and table very similarly to that one and my grandmother had a dressing table like this one. How those bring back the memories. I have to say that I am thankful for our air conditioning - don't know why, but I kept thinking that while I was looking at the house! (yes, and dishwashers, washers and dryers, and of course computers!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost my comment here...hope it doesn't come up twice.

    You took me back a year or fifty to my girlhood days. The Riddle House could of been my Granny Walden's farm house. I saw sooooo familiar things. Thank you for lettin' me tag along and thanks for the memories!!!

    God bless and have yourself a fantastic weekend sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete