Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Some Wonderful Visitors

I haven't blogged for a while because, on July 2nd, we had some long-awaited visitors from Arizona stay with us for a while - our daughter, Dawn, son-in-law, Mike, and oldest grandson, Jacob.  We had a wonderful visit and tried to cram in as many activities as possible - while still keeping it relaxing.
Jacob enjoyed meeting the local residents.
Then, there was plenty of beach time.
On July 4th, we spent the day cruising the waterways in a boat.
Captain Richard even allowed some of the crew to take the wheel.
"Slow" was not in their vocabulary!
When  they did have to go slow in the Manatee areas, we enjoyed looking at all the mansions lining the waterways.
If we hadn't packed our own lunch, we could  have eaten at this floating barbecue place.  It's evidently a police favorite!
We wrapped up our festive 4th with a sparkler routine by Jacob.
We had a terrific 4th of July.  I hope you did too!
I have plenty to blog about now.  While the kids were here we went on another alligator hunt, visited the Flagler Museum, the Loggerhead Marine Life Center, Gatorland, Medieval Times, and Disney World Animal Kingdom.  I told you I was busy!


 

6 comments:

  1. What fun times! I love the BBQ place on the water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see that someone is giving my ducks some loving while I am not there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just how busy you were! lol Our kids just went back to CA. What a whirlwind week. It's non-stop when they are all here but so much fun to be together.
    Glad you had a great visit with them and your grands are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! A little cafe on the water! That's amazing! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you that your family was visiting! That grandson of your is a real sweetie-pie!

    ReplyDelete