Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Loggerhead Turtles and Whitehall Mansion

When the kids were visiting us, we had so much to show them!  Hubby and Son-in-law went deep sea fishing while Daughter, Grandson and I visited the Loggerhead Marine Life Center in Juno Beach.

Jacob was very impressed by the size of the sea turtles.

But he loved the new baby turtles!

He never passes up a photo op with his mom. 
And how did the deep sea fishing go?

Son-in-law caught two fish!  They were delicious, by the way.

The next day we headed off to the Flagler Museum, otherwise known as Whitehall Mansion, in Palm Beach.

It took four posts to display the pictures I took the last time I visited.  I love this place!  Check out my earlier posts on Whitehall Mansion for more details, and pictures.

Dawn, butjustlikethat.blogspot.com, was fascinated by this beautiful mansion. 

Hubby and Grandson patiently waited while Daughter and Son-in-law took a closer look at some of the bedrooms.

There's so much room!  Jacob couldn't resist a spin around the foyer.

How many homes do you know that have their own railroad car?

A special pavilion was built just to house Henry Flagler's private car.  He used the car to travel his railroads along the east coast, all the way to Key West.

I'd love to travel in such luxury!

Jacob offered to make me tea in the car's little kitchen.

On the way home we took a little side trip to see The Breakers, a world famous hotel, built by Henry Flagler.  I could get used to this lifestyle!
The adventures didn't end here though.  Next up:  the last space shuttle launch and Orlando.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful! That mansion is just amazing! I've stayed at The Breakers a few times and it's a wonderful place too! ;)
    Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'know - I could just about live in that pavilion for the train car...
    Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete