Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

This weekend was short and busy.  Our son-in-law, Mike, wondered what Hubby would do without yard work to keep him busy.  Somehow he always finds something to do!
We started Saturday morning with a delicious and filling breakfast at the Juno Beach Cafe.  Our friend, Shirley is pretty sure we're eating our way across Florida - and she may be right!
Next, Richard went to work scrubbing the bug juice off the front of the 5th wheel. 
It looks much better now without the remains of our trip from Arizona.
On Sunday, after a wonderful Resurrection service at Tequesta First Baptist Church, we tried a new (new to us anyway) seafood restaurant called Schooners.
In the afternoon, we decided to get out of the trailer for a while and took a drive to Lake Okeechobee, part of the Intercoastal Waterway across Florida.
Maggie got her feet wet and burned off some energy.
Nearby, we found Cypress Plantation.  I could only take pictures from the road since there were big No Trespassing signs up.  I'm sorry the picture is a little blurry.  It is on the National Register of Historic Places.  I wish I could see inside!
I'll be posting more later in the week of some unusual "friends" we've made.






1 comment:

  1. Oh! Oh! Oh! -- me too! I want to see inside!

    H loves your "friends" & I think is going to email you...

    ReplyDelete