Saturday, February 22, 2014

Happy 83rd Birthday Dad .. Grandpa .. Great-Grandpa!

This month my Dad turned 83 years old so we gave him a surprise birthday party.
 
He was happy to share barbecue with his granddaughter Dawn. 
(I forgot to take a picture of the birthday cake!)
 
Youngest great-grandson, Caleb, enjoyed lunching with his dad.
 
 
Some Dad's presents were pots and tomato plants.  All three great grandsons had to assist with the planting.  The plants are still recovering from the ordeal.
 
Then, there was a little picture taking session followed by generous amounts of kissing and hugging.
 
It's not every day you turn 83 years of age, and, Dad enjoyed his special day!  (Although, I suspect Mom and Dad enjoyed the peace and quiet once all the grandkids went back home too.)
 


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post and a belated Happy Birthday to your daddy! What a blessing to have him and I've loved seeing your family and all of the happy smiling faces!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you and may your Dad have a great year. 83!!! That's wonderful. My dad is 87 and my mom soon to be 82. I hope we can eat lots of birthday cake!
    d

    ReplyDelete